Monday 11 June 2012

Spinning Circles

One of the freebies of the Surfcuit program is a one-month unlimited poi classes from Planet Zips.

Poi, or fire dancing as they most often call it, is a flow art which involves spinning weights in circular patterns. There are several different kinds of poi, most of it I'm not yet even familiar with. What I have now is just a set of practice poi (tennis balls inside a long sock-like cloth).

I have already attended 3 poi sessions with PZ and I'm enjoying it so far. I am amazed at how many different ways you can spin and how graceful it looks when I watch Master Ramir and Dash do simple turn combinations. Aside from the performance aspect of poi, it is also a great workout! 2 hours of poi practice and my arms and even my core is burning!

I am now assigned to study how to do the "fountain" and I still haven't done my homework yet. :) Gotta practice tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment