Monday 11 June 2012

After Taiwan

I was "obliged" to work for a company in Calamba after my 3-year stay in Taiwan. It was because of some stupid contract which we signed with the company when we were too young to understand what was actually written in it. In fairness to the unmentioned company, they gave us a pretty good scholarship program, an opportunity to work abroad, and a guaranteed post graduate employment. It's just that we were made to believe that our tenure in Taiwan will be counted as part of the required service years stated in our contract. One day before we went to Taiwan, they retracted and said that the Taiwan tenure wouldn't count. :(

Going back to fitness, I still regularly went to the gym when I was in Calamba to quench my thirst for physical activity. I ran the treadmill for a few minutes, did some weights, and joined yoga, pilates, and cycling classes.

Yoga in that gym was the "gayest" yoga I have ever tried. The movements were not flowing and the transition between asanas are too abrupt that I was afraid that I was gonna injure my spine!

Pilates, though, was really challenging. It squeezed all the core strength out of me. I actually enjoyed the classes.

The cycling classes were hard core cardio... and I despise cardio exercises!!! Needless to say, I spin that often. :)

3 months on, 3 months off the gym. Did this for two years... still no abs. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment