Wednesday 11 April 2012

From 140 to 130

One of the trainers in the gym where I used to go to said that fitness is 80% diet and 20% exercise. Since I was thinking that riding the bike or going the company gym was already exercise enough, I focused on my diet to jump start the weight loss objective.

For a week I resorted to a pescetarian diet -- vegetables + fish diet. I ate mostly greens, tomatoes, cucumber and tuna or salmon. I also substituted milk tea with green tea since my Taiwanese friends said that the latter is healthier. After the 1 week of being a pescetarian, I had to return to my normal diet since I couldn't maintain the veggies-and-fish-only diet. This time, I was more conscious of my food intake, both with the quality and quantity of what I ate. I cut back on the chicken steak, ate less rice and pasta and more of veggies (amapalaya was my best friend). From then on, I just ate with everything in moderation. This proved to be the most effective and sustainable diet for me. In a few weeks, 10 lbs down the drain! :)

Still... no abs.

No comments:

Post a Comment